Find Hope in the Battle Against Addiction.
Hospital-Based Acute Withdrawal Management
What is it?
As the first phase in the recovery process, the StepOne Service™ is a hospital-based, three-to-five-day acute withdrawal management service. Provided at Willamette Valley Medical Center, it is for adults who are in the impending or early stage of withdrawal from alcohol and/or opioids.
- Requires voluntary admission to the hospital.
- Provides round-the-clock medical care by the hospitalist team & nurses at Willamette Valley Medical Center.
- Uses protocol-specific medications to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
Individuals seeking treatment through the StepOne Service™ must be committed to staying in the hospital until they are medically stable. Once discharged from the hospital, they must be motivated to continue addiction treatment by transitioning to a service based in their community.
- Telephone pre-screening
- In-person assessment
- Admission to Willamette Valley Medical Center
- Acute withdrawal management
- Individualized discharge planning
- Post-discharge follow-up
For information on how to be admitted, call the StepOne Service™ Care Coordinator at 503-208-6393, or complete the form on this page to request a telephone pre-screening. Most insurance plans are accepted.