Find Hope in the Battle Against Addiction.
Hospital-Based Acute Withdrawal Management
What is it?
As the first phase in the recovery process, the StepOne Service™ is a hospital-based, three-to-five-day acute withdrawal management service. Provided at Mercy Hospital Jefferson and Mercy Hospital South, it is for adults who are in the impending or early stage of withdrawal from alcohol and/or opioids.
- Requires voluntary admission to the hospital.
- Provides round-the-clock medical care by the hospitalist team & nurses at Mercy Hospital.
- Uses protocol-specific medications to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
Individuals seeking treatment through the StepOne Service™ must be committed to staying in the hospital until they are medically stable. Once discharged from the hospital, they must be motivated to continue addiction treatment by transitioning to a service located in their community.
- Telephone pre-screening
- In-person assessment
- Admission to Mercy Hospital
- Acute withdrawal management
- Individualized discharge planning
- Post-discharge follow-up
For information on how to be admitted, call the StepOne Service™ Care Coordinator at Mercy Jefferson 636-224-8494, Mercy South 314-282-5234, or complete the form on this page to request a telephone pre-screening. Most insurance plans are accepted.